Sunday, March 2, 2008

Monster House reference

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but Monster House has some pretty scary and suspenseful scenes involving a boy and an old man, and I really like the cinematography in Zemeckis films as well. So I'm going to refer to sections such as the one below for either when Bir encounters Maqbool the second time, or when Bir is being chased by the goons. I especially like the couple of shots with the kid peeking around the ambulance - I've been wanting to have Bir interact more with the set in a similar fashion.



Hmm...Scary faces coming out of the fog/dust? Could be good.

1 comment:

Victor said...

Alas, Monster House was directed by Gil Kenan, a young upstart from UCLA.

This is why Monster House is enjoyable, and not an epic mess of wrong intentions and technology in lieu of story.