Thursday, March 10, 2011

Annecy!

Well, sort of. Topi didn't make it into Annecy last year, but when it won Best Student Film at Animation Block Party in 2009, I was invited to create an environmentally-themed public service announcement for ABP 2010. This resulted in 'Switch Today', a stop-motion short that makes the case for using recycled toilet paper, and I was thrilled to learn that this 1-minute piece has just been selected by Annecy 2011 in the Educational, Scientific or Industrial Films category.



'Switch Today' was my first real attempt at stop-motion and was created entirely in my apartment, where I came face-to-face with the many challenges of dealing with gravity, glue and green screen.

Some behind-the-scenes images:












I'm especially happy with the results because I shot it straight-ahead with a simple point and shoot camera, instead of using a more traditional (and complicated) setup that involved specialized stop-motion software and a camera hooked up to a computer.

No comments: